Saturday, August 23, 2008

SHE LOOKS LIKE...

If you ask me, I'd say that she looks like:

- Holly Golightly from Truman Capote's Brakfast at Tiffany's. One day she seems to be in Africa, the next one she seems to be in the middle of a free jazz party. The next day she is the in front of me eating a sandwich or saying goodbye during a storm waving her hands and smiling with no fear from the future and for her today whereabouts.

- Albertine from In search of lost time. She has a lot of class, but not the class you'd expect from a well designed dress. In fact she wears "rags and feathers from Salvation Army", as Leonard Cohen said, but she looks like Sissi princess in the middle of a diplomatic reception. Even more when she wears in clear clothes, I swear.

- Tristessa from, well Tristessa: Jack Kerouak fell in love with Esperanza (her name in spanish), a girl with sad and dark eyes, immersed in the painfully delight of the needle. Sadly, I must admit she's been there, she's struggling to get out from. Maybe I'd have to be silent about it, but her dark sides are here and I must deal with them also. Love is not perfect, but it's the only hope we have got in this tears valley, as one ancien writter stated centuries ago.

That's my literary girl.

No comments: